[CS-FSLUG] A word about Secure Boot and Lenovo

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Thu Jan 3 21:59:07 CST 2013

Secure Boot and MickySoft's attempt to exclude Linux has been a topic in
the Linux community for awhile, as some OEMs have not provided a way to
turn off the contemptuous underhanded menouver by the "evil empire". I
can't say for sure if all of the Lenovo 'puters provides the ability to
turn it off via the CMOS setup, but the "Z" series laptops do for sure.
I recently removed the "joke" from MickySoft, 'Bloze 8, and installed
openSuSE 12.2 with no problems! There are 2 switches in the CMOS you
have to change to "legacy" and you're all set.

Fred

--
List(s) of made in the USA:
http://www.devvy.com/made_inthe_usa.htmlHenry