[CS-FSLUG] Windows 7 conectability issues.

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Tue Feb 5 08:21:59 CST 2013

Heh heh.  I wish that were the case.  But since I had 1.2TB of free
space after my reboot (Yes, I ended up rebooting my server to fix the
problem), it was a software issue.  Some package was eating up the
space.  Linux has an odd quirk that, if you have a file open, but
delete the file anyway, that the file no-longer shows up in programs
like du, ls, etc.  But the space is still used up until the
file-handle is closed.  Some software was making a ton of temp-files,
or one huge temp-file, and did not close the file-handle until I
rebooted.

But, instead of blaming it on Linux in general, we can blame it on
some unknown Linux package...

     - Tim Young