[CS-FSLUG] Windows 7 conectability issues.

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Tue Feb 5 07:28:23 CST 2013

Hi,
The link that the RBL sent you says:

67.228.245.162 listed in bl.spamcop.net (127.0.0.2)

Causes of listing

  * System has sent mail to SpamCop spam traps in the past week (spam
    traps are secret, no reports or evidence are provided by SpamCop)

What this means is that your IP has sent out some email to specific
email address that have been fed into the spam machine.  Some
anti-spam people have crafted emails that may be something like:
tim.young at spamcatcher.com   There is no user at that location, but
instead, anyone who sends something to that email address gets
automatically put on a spam list.  Then the anti spam people take
those addresses and feed them into the spam machine, making sure the
various spam lists of email addresses have them.

Quite likely, the host you are using, or perhaps your "hisfeet.net"
server has been compromised, and there is a spam-bot running on it.

Can you tell me a little about the server?  I see the hisfeet.net
domain is registered to David McMullen, so that tells me you own the
domain.  Do you own the machine too, or is it hosted for you by
someone else?

I am in Mitla at the moment, actually teaching a class on "intrusion
detection and intrusion recovery" (how to detect that you have been
hacked and how to recover from being hacked), and do not have a lot
of free time these next few days.  But next week (starting Sat, but
Mon may be better) I should be able to look at it for you if you need
me to.

     - Tim Young