[CS-FSLUG] Windows 7 conectability issues.

davidm at hisfeet.net davidm at hisfeet.net
Fri Feb 1 11:15:22 CST 2013

We are now in Mexico connected to the TELMEX system, which is the landline
'almost monopoly' system. Got everything in our house working just fine,
even my wifes winxp laptop on wifi.  But the pastor here has a win7
laptop.  Strange (to me ) thing.

It connects by wifi to the modem, nd can png the modem, and other
computers (ours) connected to the modem either by cable, or wifi. It can
even ping internet sites by ip number, but not by name.  Will even show
some of the sites when I put the ip number in the URL line of the browser.
It seems that it won't connect to any Name Server.

I managed to change the DNS settings in the win7 machine, but still won't
connect to any wan by name. I also changed the DNS in the modem, but no
change.

Any ideas what could keep it from connecting?  Oh, by the way, t works
fine when connected by cable to the modem.

DavidM