[CS-FSLUG] LibreOffice Base, PostgreSQL & Multiple Users

Don Parris parrisdc at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 04:47:42 CDT 2013

Hi all,

I just thought I would share my latest blog post on LibreOffice Base and
PostgreSQL. With LOBase, you can forgo the programming skills and create a
client in a very short time. So today's blog post talks about how to make
sure your Base users can connnect to a remote PostgreSQL server:
http://dcparris.net/2013/08/04/distributing-your-libreoffice-postgresql-database-across-systems-and-users-the-basics/

This does not get into enforcing security and business rules - just
sticking to getting the connection going - similar to my now-ancient post
on connecting LibreOffice to PostgreSQL, but from the perspective of having
multiple users and a remote connection.

Enjoy!

Don

--
D.C. Parris, FMP, Linux+, ESL Certificate
Minister, Security/FM Coordinator, Free Software Advocate