[CS-FSLUG] Midi Player Question

Don Parris parrisdc at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 05:48:40 CDT 2012

Hi all,

I really don't have much experience with midi at all.  I would like to
listen to the midi files on my Kubuntu 12.04 / KDE 4.8.5 system.  It would
be great if I could listen right in the browser.  I have looked around and
just want to make sure I understand correctly before I go too far.

My understanding is that I need to install Timidity & maybe some sound
fonts - is that correct?  I have seen references to kmid, but Kubuntu does
not seem to have kmid in the repos(???) - can't find it in a search.

Anything else, other suggestions?

Many Thanks!
--
D.C. Parris, FMP, Linux+, ESL Certificate
Minister, Security/FM Coordinator, Free Software Advocate