[CS-FSLUG] OT: The priest IS/WAS right!!

Craig Button craigb.rn at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 19:50:56 CST 2012

I'm thinking the church is ineffectual because there aren't very many
true Christians in it.  It's full of people who go to church on sunday
morning.  But I assume that it isn't anything new. I'm sure there were
non believers in the followers who were following Christ when he was
here.

Sin is important, but when focusing on sin, it's easy to fall into
legalism.  We are supposed to confront and rebuke, fellow believers,
bit when it comes to non believers, it gets a bit grey.

Christ spent lots of time with sinners, and he never sent anyone away.
 They walked away on their own, but never sent away.  I agree it's a
fine line between tolerating sin and closing the door before a person
has a chance to choose to get through the door.

I don't know the answer, but using the moment to present the grace of
our Lord, might have done more to possible lead the person to Christ
and a true life changing experience than never laying the seed in the
first place.

Now you'll get no argument out of me, about the sin that we tolerate
in the church itself in the name of tolerance.  I'm thinking some of
these congregations will follow into the luke warm category that is
mentioned in Revelation.