[CS-FSLUG] OT: The Kill Switch Comes to the PC With Windows 8 - Businessweek

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Thu Mar 1 20:38:18 CST 2012

On 03/01/2012 07:49 PM, Timothy Butler wrote:

> On Feb 29, 2012, at 12:25 AM, Fred A. Miller wrote:
>
>> I've tested this on a number of boxen, from over-clocked quad-cores
>> to this
>> beast. As soon as you over-clock with MickySoft either "7" won't
>> install or
>> if it does, it won't be long and you'll boot up with an error that
>> the copy of
>> "7" isn't authentic, then you'll be in a very minimal mode. To my
>> knowledge
>> there's no way around it.
>
> Weird. I can't imagine why Windows 7 has issues with an overclocked
> system. Then again, overclocked systems aren't nearly as common as
> they use to be.

Maybe not, but for many who work on large photos, which is an increasing
number, it's a huge benefit, providing you've built the box properly
with video and RAM, etc. There's still the hard core gaming bunch who
are still building boxes. Some used to buy AlienWare boxes, but since
Dell bought them out, there aren't any "fast" boxes like there used to
be, thus more builders. I build simply because I end up with better
parts, and FAR better box than I can buy and at a much reduced cost.

'Hope you and yours are all doing well.....tried to call you but didn't
get a call back.

Fred

--
"Disobedience to tyrants is obedience to God" -- Benjamin Franklin