[CS-FSLUG] OT: The priest IS/WAS right!!

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Thu Mar 1 21:36:28 CST 2012

On 03/01/2012 08:36 PM, Craig Button wrote:
> I'm not sure of the politics of the catholic church.  But I don't
> recall Christ ever sending anyone away.  I guess this is one of the
> reason i'm not Catholic.  Communion to me is a personal issue and not
> one I get to choose who gets to take communion and who doesn't.  I'm
> sure there were many others in the congregation that day who were
> sinners, One of them being the priest himself.  although there is no
> question that homosexuality is a sin, it's not the ultimate
> unforgivable sin.  It is one of many sins that are mentioned in the
> bible.  Each time this comes up, i think of the scene of the woman and
> the pharacies.  He who is without sin should cast the first stone.
>
> Personally I think this is one of the cases that C.S. Lewis was
> talking about when he stated that satan is never closer than on the
> steps of the alter.  We have a commission to spread the word to all
> the nations.  When we close a door on someone, we close the door.
>  Although God can over come any obstacle we put in front of us, it's
> not up to us to decide.

I said the priest was/is correct BASED on the principles of the Catholic
church. And, no I'm not a Catholic either. If it was a baptist church,
for example, then all she'd have to deal with is God.....unrepentant sin.

Fred

--
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are
the Peoples' Liberty Teeth." --George Washington