[CS-FSLUG] Why Apple gadgets can’t be made in the U.S.

Marco Tedaldi marco.tedaldi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 00:10:52 CST 2012

On 25.01.2012 03:37, Fred A. Miller wrote:
> It isn’t just that workers are cheaper abroad. Rather, Apple’s
> executives believe the vast scale of overseas factories as well as the
> flexibility, diligence and industrial skills of foreign workers have so
> outpaced their American counterparts that “Made in the U.S.A.” is no
> longer a viable option for most Apple products.
>
> http://www.zdnet.com/blog/apple/why-apple-gadgets-cant-be-made-in-the-us/12075?tag=nl.e539

Somehow I get the feeling that they regrett, that slavery has been
outlawed in the Western world. As a positive point for producing in Asia
they tell this story: (Free from my mind)
"We had made a mistake and had a last minute change. The make this
change for us, the producer woke up 8000 workers, gave them a little
snack and set them to work..." and "this would not have been possible in
the US".
Thanx god it is not possible there! The times of owning slaves should be
over by now! So basically, apple supports slavery like working
conditions. Great!

best regards

Marco