[CS-FSLUG] OT: Apple's mind-bogglingly greedy and evil license agreement

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Fri Jan 20 01:17:43 CST 2012

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 6:08 AM, Fred A. Miller <fmiller at lightlink.com> wrote:
> http://www.zdnet.com/blog/bott/apples-mind-bogglingly-greedy-and-evil-license-agreement/4360?tag=nl.e589

Wow. Let me see if I understand this. Apple provides a free tool,
designed exclusively for creating content for their iBooks store, and
people are complaining that this free software, designed exclusively
for this purpose has restrictions that won't let you use it for any
other purpose?

Sorry, guys, but I find _this_ attitude arrogant, not Apple's. Why
should they provide you a free tool, designed exclusively for one
purpose, so you can repurpose it to make money without them? eh?
Nobody is making you use their tool. Use somebody else's tool. You can
guarantee that now that Apple has put the idea out there, somebody
will will now attempt to copy that idea and come up with something
vastly less useful and easy, but which will accomplish the same thing.
Live it up folks, but please, don't complain. It makes you look
petty--but in this day and age, it seems it is all the fashion to
complain, so maybe nobody notices any more. sigh...

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

"...earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the
saints." --Jude 3