[CS-FSLUG] open source, web based booking software

Marco Tedaldi marco.tedaldi at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 08:21:18 CST 2012

Hi Mark

2012/1/19 Mark Clayton <clayton256 at gmail.com>

> On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 15:23, Davo Smith <christiansource at davosmith.co.uk
> > wrote:
>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > My wife is starting a small spa business. She needs some web based
>> booking
>> > software. I'd like to find her an open source option. It would be great
>> if
>> > it could connect with other software tools: accounting, email marketing,
>> > etc.  Can anyone suggest a good package?
>>
>> Are you wanting a front end for people to make bookings, or a system
>> for managing bookings (internally)?
>>
>> When you say 'web based', do you mean it is hosted out there 'in the
>> cloud' or something that you want to host yourself?
>>

> Thanks, these are really good questions. I'd like to host on her web site.
> Initially she'll use it as her own 'cloud' service. Eventually we want
> customers to book their own appointments if they choose to.
>
> I'll take a good look at MRBS.

That's for sure a good idea.
At the moment, mrbs has a quite rudymentary user management. There are only
2 classes of users. Admins and users. Users can book any resource (you can
restict bookings quite nicely to certain limits).
For the use here i've added functions to add users to groups and let
rooms/resources only be booked by certain groups...
If you need anything like this, just contact me.

best regards

Marco