[CS-FSLUG] open source, web based booking software

Davo Smith christiansource at davosmith.co.uk
Wed Jan 18 14:23:14 CST 2012

> Hi,
>
> My wife is starting a small spa business. She needs some web based booking
> software. I'd like to find her an open source option. It would be great if
> it could connect with other software tools: accounting, email marketing,
> etc.  Can anyone suggest a good package?

Are you wanting a front end for people to make bookings, or a system
for managing bookings (internally)?

When you say 'web based', do you mean it is hosted out there 'in the
cloud' or something that you want to host yourself?

For managing bookings, you might want to take a look at MRBS (
http://mrbs.sourceforge.net/ ) - I've spent quite some time with the
Moodle version of it (which forked from the official version some
years ago). It may not be quite what you're looking for in this case,
but it's still a nice piece of open-source web-based software.

Davo