[CS-FSLUG] State of the Christian FOSS Community?

Don Parris parrisdc at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 16:47:45 CST 2012

Hi all,

I hope the word will get out on these two lists.  I know it is loooong
overdue, but sometime in the next couple months I intend to start revising
Penguin in the Pew.  It would be a huge help if folks could send me links
to any web sites related to the Christian FOSS community and related
applications.

I assume The Sword Project is still in place with all of the relevant
applications.  I recall the following apps as well:

Lyricue
OpenLP

And there may be others.  The Freely Project appears to have disappeared.
Is Ben Thorp still lurking on the lists?  Is there any form of church
management yet?

What other sites or links (general resources) should I include in the
update?  Have the links to sign up for these lists changed since 2004?

Anyway, I have another task ahead of me - namely to get a Linux cert under
my belt - before I can push forward with the book.  But I would like to be
able to offer more up-to-date information and maybe expand it a bit.  I may
do a little revision along the way, but looking back on it, I mostly still
like it.  :-)
Anyway, I just thought I would see what projects are still out there and
what might need to be dropped.  When I get closer to the time, I will offer
some more insight as to my plans, but I think it will definitely be more
useful to newcomers.

Blessings,
Don
--
D.C. Parris, FMP, LEED AP O+M, ESL Certificate
Minister, Security/FM Coordinator, Free Software Advocate