[CS-FSLUG] Upgrade to FireFox 10 - V96, 5

Marco Tedaldi marco.tedaldi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 01:00:37 CST 2012

On 07.02.2012 12:44, Ed Hurst wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Feb 2012, Marco Tedaldi wrote:
>
>> Anyone remembers the text-age? Mutt? How long did it take on a puny
>> 486 with 16MB of ram to jump to the next message? It has been faster
>> than you could see!
>
> Some of us are dinosaur people. I would gladly drop every other distro
> if just one of them came up with a working TUI, porting only a tiny set
> of critical popular apps to the interface.
>
> Read and written in Alpine, with Vim as editor. I use Mutt for my one
> IMAP account.

Why not. But really, I prefer a GUI. Even if I mostly use it as a
terminal multiplexer :-). For most of my work I even use a two monitor
setup. Under Win7 at work (can't change it there, at least for the time
beeing) and under Linux at home. Only sad thing is that multi monitor
setups still suck with graphics tablets under linux. But I still have hope.
I also don't want to miss a GUI for my raw workflow software
(DartkTable) and Image manipulation (Gimp).

I also like thunderbird as mail client most of the time (ok, it sucks
hard sometimes, but I get the feeling it has gotten better in the last
few weeks).

So a GUI is ok. But it must not use a lot of ram and cpu power. I need
that stuff for the applications. And this is where unity and gnome 3 and
kde suck.
I'll have to take a look at other window managers.

best

Marco