[CS-FSLUG] Quadrennial Hosting Sale

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Thu Dec 27 14:22:07 CST 2012

Hi ChristianSource and Mac-Min friends,
As those of you who have known me for a long time know, every four years or so I get the itch to upgrade the server I provide web hosting on and every four years I offer a special hosting sale in conjunction with the upgrade (the last sale was July 2008). I also do that so I don't bug folks on here with advertising.

Instead of offering allegedly unlimited bandwidth or storage, I offer what I can actually afford to provide. As long as you don't violate the terms of service, you may use the space as you wish. I do not host adult content on my server and I know the names of every one of my clients so you can rest assured your site will never be sharing an IP address with porn, spammers, etc. Here are the terms of service:

	http://www.serverforest.com/aup-tos.html

Also, these are "self-managed" hosting plans. I'm here if you have a critical issue, but I'm primarily offering it to folks who can do the vast majority of the work themselves. The cPanel control panel on the server allows you to create e-mail addresses, forwarders, MySQL databases, etc.

Why do this and not go with a bigger provider? My main selling point is obsessive data protection. Everything will be stored on quality RAID hard disks (i.e. everything will be stored twice for data safety). Additionally, everything will be backed up on site and to an entirely separate datacenter every night. I've never lost a client's data. Period. Likewise, I have fewer than 50 accounts on the server right now, meaning that you aren't sharing space with hundreds of other sites that could lead to your site being compromised, etc. The main purpose of the server is to host my own web sites and projects I support like ChristianSource and CATUG/Mac-Min, so I care deeply about seeing the machine run well. I have provided 99.999% uptime over the last four years, so while the cost is a bit higher, I believe I can beat even many enterprise grade hosts on reliability.

PINE EXTREME
Disk Space: 3,000 MB (3x my normal plan)
Transfers: 75,000 MB (45,000 MB more than normal)
E-mail accounts: 200 (120 more than normal)
Databases: 8
Additional Domains: 75 (3x more than normal)
FTP Accounts: 40 (4x more than normal)
Cost: $10/month (prepaid annually or $2.50 more per month for semi-annual payment)

MAPLE EXTREME
Disk Space: 7,000 MB (over 3x my normal plan)
Transfers: 125,000 MB (75,000 MB more than normal)
E-mail accounts: 400 (200 more than normal)
Databases: 20 (2x more than normal)
Additional Domains: 110 (2x more than normal)
FTP Accounts: 60 (3x more than normal)
Cost: $20/month (prepaid annually or $3.50 more per month for semi-annual payment)

REDWOOD ENTERPRISE (exclusive SALE plan)
Disk Space: 50,000 MB (over 8x more than any normal plan)
Transfers: 250,000 MB (more than 2x more than any normal plan)
Reseller ready: configure the account specifics however you wish, subdivide and resell the space using cPanel's WHM tool to create custom accounts for your clients (some reasonable restrictions apply, talk to me if interested.)
Cost: $60/month (prepaid annually or $10 more per month for semi-annual payment)

Need something more? Let me know... I could even provide a private VPS for you.

If you're interested, please let me know! I'm aiming to add just a few accounts, so I'll end the promotion probably within a few days.

Best,
Tim