[CS-FSLUG] New 25-GPU Monster Devours Strong Passwords In Minutes

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Fri Dec 7 09:55:46 CST 2012

On 12/07/2012 10:22 AM, Ed Hurst wrote:
> On Fri, 07 Dec 2012 09:16:22 -0600, Fred A. Miller
> <fmiller at lightlink.com> wrote:
>
>> New 25-GPU Monster Devours Strong Passwords In Minutes
>
> Yeah, people like Bruce Schneier has been saying for quite some time
> the strong password is dead, and we need something else. I'm sure most
> of it's over my head, but I haven't yet seen a proposal I consider
> viable enough for mass adoption. Work-arounds aplenty, but no real
> solutions for the general user public.

Don't feel alone, Ed....way over my head as well! I agree, that we've
known that the "strong password is dead" but now with this article it
can't be disputed by anyone....including MickySoft who claims it's "8"
is so secure when it isn't. Hopefully, there will soon be a viable
general solution for all of us! 'Course, there's the old adage that
"what one man can make another can take apart," or to that affect. ;-)

Fred

--
Islam is a VERY backward religion, that MUST keep it's masses not only
in subjugation, but ignorant and maintain a feudal state that is always