[CS-FSLUG] Why Don't ISPs Offer Secure POP Connections?

Don Parris parrisdc at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 07:35:48 CDT 2012

David, Gmail is secure in the sense that you have an encrypted connection
when you use it.  The point of my blog post is that many people connect to
their ISP's POP server by sending their password *unencrypted* across the
Internet - plain text for anyone to see.  Privacy is a separate issue, even
if a bit intertwined.

:-)