[CS-FSLUG] OT: Culinary question ;)

Eduardo Sanchez lists at sombragris.org
Wed Aug 8 12:16:15 CDT 2012

Hi Listpeople,

This is a completely off-topic request so feel free to disregard it. I'm
writing specifically for U.S. members although if someone from elsewhere
can come up with good suggestions, that would be appreciated.

The problem is that I should help a little bit more to the Mrs. in the
kitchen department. Since I have type II diabetes, I have some specific
food that is recommended as part of my diet.

This is what I need. For some products, I remember that during my stay
in the U.S. I could purchase them from the supermarket. In the package
there was a simple recipe on how to prepare them.

Therefore, I am asking if you please can copy me the "package recipes"
of the following food items:

* Whole grain rice
* Lentils
* Split peas
* Beans

I remembered that the recipes there were simple, effective, and
convenient.

Here, popular wisdom says that if you are to prepare beans, you must
leave them in water overnight. I don't want to do that. I remember that
in the packages for beans there was a simple recipe that allowed me to
have cooked beans in a matter of hours/minutes instead of leaving them
overnight.

Likewise, I remember that the whole grain rice recipe allowed for good
water absorption, something that I have been unable to achieve here.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and blessings,

Eduardo

--
Eduardo Sánchez Gauto
Traductor Público Matriculado Inglés - Español