[CS-FSLUG] OT: An FYI from a Linux elist.

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Mon Sep 26 23:10:26 CDT 2011

On 27/09/11 07:14, Rashkae wrote:
> Am I the only one who thinks this is actually a good idea from MS?

This so-called secure boot applies only to UEFI and not BIOS.

But yes, I think it's a good idea that Windows 8 cannot be installed in
BIOS computers (currently more than 99% of all existing computers), that
Windows 7 (or older) cannot upgrade to Windows 8.

Microsoft revenue stream, since Wins 98, has been from upgrades.

I'll be cheering if they do that.

--
"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it
tougher for sober people to own cars." - Unknown