[CS-FSLUG] USB TV for EEEPC?

R Thompson ve8rt at xplornet.com
Sat Sep 3 12:34:03 CDT 2011

    I've just returned home from a 20 day work trip down south.  In the
company accommodations that I was staying in there was an older analog
TV that I used to get news and weather.  However after September 1st the
stations there switched to digital only broadcasts.

    The next time I'm sent down there I'll no longer be able to pick up
the local TV stations.  The lightest thing to pack with me for TV
reception would be a USB TV tuner for my EEEPC (model 701SD I think).
Its running the factory Xandros based operating system, but I'm open to
changing that.

    Does anyone know of a tuner that would work with the EEEPC?

    Thanks,

              Ron (Yellowknife, NT)