[CS-FSLUG] OT: One in Four Believers Are 'Christians in Name Only, ' According to Survey

Marco Tedaldi marco.tedaldi at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 10:19:29 CDT 2011

Wow... that's an amazing result...

I think, here in switzerland It would be about 9 out of 10!
Because you get "born into a church". And especially in the two official
denominations (catholic and reformed) you're automaticaly staying if you
do not actively resign.
And people here are member of one of these churches, just because it is
the most convenient way. The only time, they visit a church is for
burrials, marriages (yes, most of swiss people still marry in church,
just because it is so nice to do it, even if they have no connection to
this church otherwise) and "baptism" of small childs (that's also just
because of traditions and for many has nothing to do with jesus).
And they all claim to be christians, just because they are members of
these churches...

So, I'd say, 80-90% of swiss people who consider themselfes "christian"
do not have an active relationship with jesus!

It is really sad, but the truth. Christians are a small minority in
switzerland.

Marco