[CS-FSLUG] OT: Goes along with 1 of our discussions.

Ed Hurst ehurst at soulkiln.org
Wed Oct 19 17:33:09 CDT 2011

On Wed, 19 Oct 2011 17:26:12 -0500, Robert Wohlfarth
<rbwohlfarth at gmail.com> wrote:

> there isn't one bit of isolation

Amen. I for one do not believe younger children are equipped to evangelize
much in such an overwhelming atmosphere as public school. Teens, maybe,
but before you have built into them something strong. Something other than
the standard issue insecurity and manipulative nature common to kids who
spend more hours per day dealing with only those their own age than they
do with the larger society. Public school is a very twisted and perverted
atmosphere because the kids create it themselves with only the popular
guidance of their TV and music idols. At no other time in their lives will
they experience that sort of pressure cooker isolation. It's more like
prison than education; I've worked in prisons, too.

--
Ed Hurst
--------