[CS-FSLUG] OT: Goes along with 1 of our discussions.

dcolburn at bibleseven.com dcolburn at bibleseven.com
Tue Oct 18 20:56:36 CDT 2011

There are lots of home school resources and associations all across
the country.

You are no longer isolated from socialization or stuck making up your
own curriculum.

Policies vary from state to state and often within school districts and
may change with leaders at various levels.

Huckabee in AR was very anti-home school but backed-off some when
challenged, Florida tends to be very supportive (even covers
dual-enrollment
to the university system), Georgia is improving but still have some serious
problems with discrimination against home school children.

The key is that you may shape the pace and style of teaching to match your
child, you have much better awareness of what are the influences upon them,
and - of course - you can integrate the Biblical faith.

The goal is not to utterly-isolate as that sets them up for failure in
the "real
world", but as Proverbs notes, when his son was mature enough his father
took him to the nasty part of town and helped him to interpret the lessons
from what he observed there.

It is the responsibility of parents to assist their children in these
things and
it is at-best unwise to delegate that to "strangers" in a secular
bureaucracy.

IMHO, YMMV ...  :-)

--

Draw nearer to the Lord and He will bless you,
Have an http://Ultrafidian.com Day!