[CS-FSLUG] OT: What Is The New Apostolic Reformation? (And Why Should We Be Concerned About It?)

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Thu Oct 13 11:44:38 CDT 2011

On 10/13/2011 03:35 AM, davidm at hisfeet.net wrote:
> Granted that there are some pretty strange and very dangerous beliefs
> ascociated with the usage by some of the term "apostle".  But Eph.4:11-13
> is absolutely clear that these five gifts will continue in the churches of
> Jesus Christ until the end of the age of grace at least. verse 13 says:
> "Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the
> Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the
> fulness of Christ:" Brethren, we are not yet there!
That is true.

> That certainly does not mean that apostols or prophets have more authority
> in any church than (for instance) one given by God to be a pastor or a
> teacher or an evangelist. These are all not entirely separate, but
> different spheres of work. Only a few of the apostles (and some who were
> not apostles (or at least certainly not of the "twelve") wrote any portion
> of scripture. And none claimed that their speech was the voice of God
> unless it was backed up by the rest of scripture, and the revelation of
> the Spirit of Christ. And even when it was, not all such statements were
> (or should have been) regarded as scripture.
Therein lies part of the problem.....a great deal of deviation from
Scripture,
or deliberate distortion.
> By the way none of these five gifts comprised or pertained to any sort of
> "clergy" (as opposed to "laity". This is a very side spread error today
> that Jesus himself spoke against on several occasions.
Yep.

The great error that these people are making, is the unifying efforts of
Christianity and politics. I think I can say with great assurance, that
no one
here is more aware of what those who are willing and unwilling workers for
Satan have done, are doing, and plan to do than I am, nor more involved in
trying to make sure that others of the faith make educated correct
decisions
at the ballot box and on a daily basis. But this movement ISN'T Scriptural!
Further, it is very dangerous to the church. I understand the temptation to
be involved in it, but my council is to avoid it like the plague!!

Fred

--
"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it
tougher for sober people to own cars." - Unknown