[CS-FSLUG] OT: What Is The New Apostolic Reformation? (And Why Should We Be Concerned About It?)

Ed Hurst ehurst at soulkiln.org
Thu Oct 13 05:19:26 CDT 2011

On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 02:35:05 -0500, <davidm at hisfeet.net> wrote:

> Brethren, we are not yet there!

Agreed, Dave. Worrying about the use of the term "apostle" in modern times
is part of the popular notion of cessationism. It is as if the Holy Spirit
ceased to work after John died at the end of the first century, and now
all we have is our poor fallen intellects.

The greatest danger here is the NAR seeks to resurrect the error to which
the Twelve clung until after the Ascension, that there must be a literal
kingdom on the earth. It's nothing more than a political movement
disguised as religion. Jesus struggled against that constantly during His
ministry, with the disciples wondering when they were going to ride into
Jerusalem and take over. It would seem Pilate was the only person to
understand it when Jesus said "My kingdom is not of this world." That's
because this world is fallen, broken and not going to be fixed. It's going
to be ended, our hope in Christ is He can't come back soon enough and shut
this mess down, because until He does, it's only going to get worse.

--
Ed Hurst
--------