[CS-FSLUG] Linux used to handle floppies really well.

davidm at hisfeet.net davidm at hisfeet.net
Sun Jul 31 22:32:34 CDT 2011

I had said:
>......... dosemu has much wider usage with various programs, but so far I
haven't been able to access the floppy drive with it................

Don't know exactl what I did, Maybe it was this:
>.... /var/lib/dosemu/ also didn't exist on my computer. I made a
empty directory there, and put an image file there of a freedos floppy
(just as I downloaded it from the internet. I renamed it fdimage, and
tried again with some mtools commands. So far They work.

At any rate, I discovered that dosemu will now access the floppy drive and
give me all the flexability of Freedos, which is a great deal. And that
without the use of udisks. Even to the point of inserting and removing
disks and checking their condition one right after the other without
mounting and unmounting.

Dave