[CS-FSLUG] OT: Statement on the antichrist | Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS)

davidm at hisfeet.net davidm at hisfeet.net
Sun Jul 17 13:06:25 CDT 2011

At first glance it does sound arrogant - specially to one not connected to
lutheranism, (or for that matter any form of 'churchianity'. That this
sort of statement should arise in the midst of a 'cristendom' that still
largely follows the anti-christian leads of that very papacy that they
call antichrist.

But bear in mind that this was Martin Luthers viewpoint. The view of a
Romanist priest who was just barely being set free by the revelation he
was receiving through the written word. The link leads to the very last
page of a longer treatise, which puts a broader light on it, still without
excusing the excesses of the papacy, but making room for:

A. A broader interpretation that leaves room for a fuller fulfillment in
the future of the prophecies concerning the antichrist.  And:

B. leaves plenty of room to acknowledge that even in antichrist system
there are some true children of God by faith.