[CS-FSLUG] OT Something to Consider CD Vol 83, Issue 2

George Rodier gwgr at shaw.ca
Tue Jan 4 13:41:04 CST 2011

Le samedi 01 janvier 2011 à 16:28 -0600, christiansource-request at ofb.biz
a écrit :
[snip]
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2011 14:55:35 -0500
> From: "Fred A. Miller" <fmiller at lightlink.com>
> To: Christiansource <Christiansource at ofb.biz>
> Subject: [CS-FSLUG] OT: Something to Consider
>
> Something to Consider,
>
> *The following is a copy of an article written by Spanish writer
> Sebastian Vilar Rodriguez and published in a Spanish newspaper on Jan.
> 15, 2008. It doesn't take much imagination to extrapolate the message to
> the rest of Europe - and possibly to the rest of the world.

[snip]

Personally I'm always suspicious of passalongs that use phrases such as
"published in a Spanish newspaper". Newspaper in Spain or Spanish
language newspaper somewhere else? Which newspaper in what city?

My own googling for the presumed original author and or his article
title have not resulted in finding any authentication of the article. I
have seen posts claiming that it was first published in 2006 or evenand
2004 and that the author's middle name is Villar or even Vivar - but no
verification or either author or its having been published in any
newspaper.

Whatever grains of truth the article may or may not contain one cannot
escape the irony of it's purported Spanish origin (whether language or
country). Was not Spain also the origin of the infamous Inquisition?

The Spain we have known for the past few centuries, was it not much
influenced by its earlier having succumbed to a Moorish invasion?

Even were we to know and verify the purported original Spanish newspaper
and discover a valid biography of the purported author one would still
need to verify the accuracy of any presumed facts cited.

So, please pass the salt shaker, I feel the need for a few grains.

Georges