[CS-FSLUG] HTTP GET request

Peter J. Vasquez Sr. pjvasquez at baeyogin.com
Sat Jan 1 01:26:46 CST 2011

Ed,
  I don't know of any client commands you could use, but the easiest
method for testing sites would be adding the FQDN to public IP mapping
on your computer's hosts file so it's resolved for you locally.  Then,
when you try and connect to a site you know is being hosted by a
server, you get the effect of a functional DNS even when DNS might be
flaky or unavailable.  Hope this helps.  Let me know if you were
looking for something else, and I'll be glad to assist if able.
Thanks.

--
Peter J. Vasquez Sr.