[CS-FSLUG] Salvage Laptop Drive

Ed Hurst ehurst at soulkiln.org
Tue Apr 19 14:23:28 CDT 2011

Folks, last week I had trouble with my laptop. With my limited skills, I
decided it was the hard drive. In hopes it was not the controller on the
board, I ordered a replacement. It arrived today and testing indicates the
problem is solved. The system was functional, but different OSes seemed to
handle it differently. Debian Squeeze, my preference, didn't do that well.
Vista seemed to handle it better, but I couldn't stand using that.

So now I have this extra hard drive which is questionable. Is there anyone
on the list interested in messing with it? I'll be glad to ship it myself:
Toshiba MK2552GSX - SATA 250GB 5400 RPM. It still has Squeeze 32-bit, and
I'll be glad to send the passwords, too.

--
Ed Hurst
--------