[CS-FSLUG] Investment Guru on the Future of Linux

Ed Hurst ehurst at soulkiln.org
Fri Apr 15 06:38:26 CDT 2011

My first experience with computers was a small network of DOS boxes in the
military. For me, a computer was the best typewriter I had ever used, and
I liked typewriters enough to have bought several before that time. But
aside from the added ability to do research via the Internet, computers
are still for me not much more than a glorified typewriter. Without that
big keyboard, I have little use for a computing device. Simply having
convenient Net access when and where I want isn't that important to me.
Besides, I won't be consider a smart-phone until the data packages offered
by cellphone companies gets a whole lot cheaper. The future of computers
will pass me by, because I'll never have any use for the next wave.

That is, if this man's predictions pan out. He's an investment guru who
pays close attention to Linux and Open Source. His prediction that mobile
devices will eclipse laptops, which have already eclipsed the desktop, is
a common one, and we might say, already upon us.

    http://dailyreckoning.com/open-source-finally-wins/

--
Ed Hurst
--------