[CS-FSLUG] Suspend Quirks (was: 'Extremely severe' flaw in Opera web browser)

Ed Hurst ehurst at soulkiln.org
Thu May 6 06:51:28 CDT 2010

On Wed, 05 May 2010 20:07:35 -0500, Cia Watson <ciamarie at my180.net> wrote:

> If you have any ideas on the hibernate issue, I'd be happy to hear them!

Do you know much about the quirk system? I used it to correct CentOS 5
suspending on my old laptop.

The basic procedure is to discover what it takes for proper suspension by
testing commandline options for 'pm-suspend'. You can search the Web for
possible clues others have used for similar hardware. If nothing, then
you'll have to test it yourself until you get it back from suspension
cleanly.

Then, you can either keep it on the CLI with switches, or you can learn
how to modify the .fdi files in
/usr/share/hal/fdi/information/10freedesktop/ . If you don't know, I can
generally figure those out. Unfortunately, the Official Quirks page has
been missing from the Net for awhile.

--
Ed Hurst