[CS-FSLUG] Can write to one mounted share but not the other

David McGlone david at dmcentral.net
Sun Mar 7 20:12:09 CST 2010

Hi all,

I have 2 mounted shares on my laptop and both of them are mounted through
fstab. Both lines for fstab are exactly identical and the permissions on both
folders for the shares in my /home are also identical, but I can only write to
d, but not e

here's fstab:
/192.168.2.2/d	/home/david/d	cifs username=david,password=secret 0 0
//192.168.2.2/e	 /home/david/e	cifs username=david,password=secret 0 0

permissions for the both files
drwxr-xr-x 16 david david     0 2010-03-07 20:54 d
drwxr-xr-x 21 david david     0 2010-03-07 20:53 e

I'm stumped. I also checked the permissions on the samba shares, and they are
both also identical.

On the server I can write to both shares, but I can only write to d and not e
on my laptop.

What would be the next logical step to check. What am I missing?

--
Blessings
David M.