[CS-FSLUG] udev and SATA DVDRs

Marco Tedaldi marco.tedaldi at gmx.ch
Tue Jan 19 02:26:15 CST 2010

Hello

I'd say: no problem at all. It's not anymore 1998!

SATA Devices should be run in AHCI-Mode anyway (and not IDE).
Even RAID-Mode should not change anything but make the boot process a
bit longer, but as long as you don't add your drive to a RAID in the
utilities there, there is no problem.

And since all actual Linux distros mount the devices by uuid instead of
devicename, there should be no problem if devicenames change (they
should not change anyway).

I have my whole stuff set to ahci, and I'm using my  SATA dvd-burner
without any problems.

Marco