[CS-FSLUG] Buried Coax Cable ID

Marco Tedaldi marco.tedaldi at gmx.ch
Thu Aug 19 00:59:13 CDT 2010

Hello Ed

> Digging in the garden, there aren't supposed to be any buried utility
> lines. Found something not quite 6" deep, a black coax cable of some kind.

I'm wondering what you're digging this deep... 6 feet under?.. Oh, my bad... 6 inches! I'm confusing that stuff again...

> Roughly half-inch diameter, very thick insulation between the inner and
> outer wire, and all covered in black plastic casing. As far as I can tell,
>
> this is some heavy duty data cable from days of yore. I've seen the local
> phone lines, and I doubt it one of them. Any ideas? Old satellite dish
> stuff?
>

>From what you tell about the Cable I'd suggest it's cable TV. But I can't imagine that they would just burry a cable directly and not put it in some kind of tubing...
Could also be a cable that had been used for measurments (maybe seismic stuff) but I think this is quite improbable.

Especially this close to the surface. It's quite puzzling! Let's make up a good conspiracy-theory! :-)

Marco
--
GMX.ch - Schweizer FreeMail-Dienst mit über 800.000 Mitgliedern
E-Mail & mehr! Kostenlos: http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/chfreemail