[CS-FSLUG] Don't Tread on Me?

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Fri Aug 13 14:54:26 CDT 2010

On 08/13/2010 01:58 AM, davidm at hisfeet.net wrote:
> I don't know Anne Rice, And I don't know the statistics about opinions,
> doctrines, etc. that influence people to separate from "traditional
> Christianity" or "organized religion". I also don't know Michael Spencer,
> but I quite agree with his observations in the second paragraph of this
> article.
>
> My own observations are that many leave "organized religion" and
> "traditional Christianity" not because they will not be subject to any
> sovereign, but precisely because they desire to be subject to the one
> "True Sovereign" Christ Jesus. For many, it is not possible to do that
> while continuing, to submit to a system that places the headship of the
> church in the hands of a man or a group of men who claim to be acting for
> Him, but are in fact making their own rules (or following rules others
> have made), which clearly contradict Biblical teaching.
>
> http://www.hisfeet.net/davemarc.htm

Agreed. In my view, the church "structure" isn't at fault as much as the
direction most churches have taken. That is, as Mr. Spencer noted, MOST
churches today DON'T follow the Scriptures....PERIOD!! And, it goes far
beyond just the well-known issues of abortion and queerdom. BTW, I just
met with a woman who is a Catholic and she quit the church because the
priest takes a liberal position on social issues, like Obamacare is
good. She knows better.

One of Marx's 10 "tenants" in his "Communist Manifesto," for those who
haven't read it, was to slowly take control of churches in the "west."
Marxists have followed the tenants in that book closely for a long time,
knowing that the changes they sought would take many, many years. Some,
like Joel Olsteen are simply incompetent hacks who preach "happy clappy"
lets all get along and compromise with everyone so no one feels that his
or her sin is a problem, and don't forget to leave your tithe plus in
the collection plate. Most mega churches are more about the money than
following Christ. If you talk about sin from the pulpit, some might not
contribute, ya know. 'Enough to make me wanna puke!!

The Marxists have ruined some denominations like Episcopal, and years
ago American Baptist. I could go on, but some of you already know well
what's been going on.

Fred

--
"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it
tougher for sober people to own cars." - Unknown