[CS-FSLUG] Support raising software

Greg Slade camsoc at vfemail.net
Mon Aug 9 15:00:19 CDT 2010

I can't remember whether it was this list or not, but I recall a
discussion some time ago about software for people who are raising their
own support to keep track of supporters and donations (or, more
precisely, the lack thereof).

In any case, I have been in discussion with Troy Wolbrink, the developer
of TntMPD (http://www.tntware.com/tntmpd/), which came out first for
Windows and now on the Mac. Anyway, he says:

> I'll probably never do a polished installer for Linux, like I did
> for the Mac.  But since the Mac version is based on Wine
> (www.winehq.org), it's quite likely to run great on Linux with the
> use of Wine (free / open source) or CrossOver Linux
> (http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxlinux/, a commercial distro
> of Wine).

So it's possible that somebody (preferable with more Linux experience
than I) could get TntMPD working on Linux. If so, I'd love to hear how.

Greg

--
Greg Slade
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day;