[CS-FSLUG] Evangelists claim Noah's Ark found - WND

George Rodier gwgr at shaw.ca
Thu Apr 29 15:07:15 CDT 2010

Le jeudi 29 avril 2010 à 12:00 -0500, christiansource-request at ofb.biz a
écrit :

>    3. Re: Evangelists claim Noah's Ark found - WND (Fred A. Miller)

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 01:15:08 -0400
> From: "Fred A. Miller" <fmiller at lightlink.com>
> To: christiansource at ofb.biz
> Subject: Re: [CS-FSLUG] Evangelists claim Noah's Ark found - WND
>
> On 04/28/2010 10:01 AM, Jon Glass wrote:
> > Yeah I saw that but allow me to share my own thoughts on the ark as
> > food for thought.
> >
> > When Noah and his family came off the ark how much wood do you think
> > was available to them for burning or for building? Think of the burnt
> > sacrifice that God approved of with the sign of the rainbow. Just how
> > likely is it that that huge ressource of wood would be alllowed to
> > remain there and rot on the mountain side? Probably nonexistant.
> > Something to think about when you hear or read reports like this.:-)
> >

> That's an assumption, one that may have some merit. However, I think
> it as safe to assume that they wouldn't have staying on the mtn. for
> very long....not at that elevation anyway. So, it is just as safe an
> assumption that they would have burned very little of it, if any.
>
> Fred
>
> --
> "I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people,
> except for a few public officials." -- George Mason
>
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>
> ------------------------------

> End of Christiansource Digest, Vol 74, Issue 23

Lots of wood was available both for burning and for building. Check out
the wait times in Genesis 8 - The flood proper lasted roughly only half
a year. The arc rested on the mountains for two to three months before
Noah even opened the window to let the raven out. It was one year less a
month between Noah's going into the arc and their coming out onto dry
land.

Here on Canada's "wet coast" we regularly float logs, even in salt
water, for longer than that and then take them to sawmills. Even logs
that have floated free for so long that they have become water logged
and are now deadheads are not at all rotten. Hit a deadhead with a
powerboat and you'll see just how rotten the deadhead isn't.

And... just how high up the mountains do olive trees grow? The dove
brought back a leaf - not a piece of rotten wood.

Granted, my Hebrew is only as good as my Mandarin or Greek which is nil
- OK, I'm only somewhat proficient in both of Canada's official
languages - so I cannot vouch for the accuracy of translations of
numbers and species from the original - still, some grains of thought
for our joint gristmill.

Georges