[CS-FSLUG] OT: "“Bring Your Guns to Church” Sunday"

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Sun Apr 25 10:40:48 CDT 2010

Some of you won't agree with the position of this author. I happen to
agree. At the very least, it deserves your through reading and study.
Those of you outside the USA might not understand our Christian history
and heritage here, but you certainly should understand the Biblical
references. And, yes, I know this is often a subject that many would
just as soon avoid, but I'm not known for doing that. ;)

Fred

Christians should be aware that the use of force in preservation of life
is a biblical doctrine (Ex. 22:2–3
<http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/search/?q=Ex.%2022:2-3>; Prov. 24:10–12
<http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/search/?q=Prov.%2024:10-12>; Est. 8–9; Neh. 4
<http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/search/?q=Neh.%204>; cp. John 15:13–14
<http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/search/?q=John%2015:13-14>). Likewise, those
who possessed weapons in Scripture are often said to be well skilled in
the use of them (Judg. 20:15–16
<http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/search/?q=Judg.%2020:15-16>; 1 Chron. 12:1–2,
21–22
<http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/search/?q=1%20Chron.%2012:1-2,%2021-22>). We
can only surmise that 1) God gave them talent in this regard, and that
2) they engaged in target practice regularly. Further, under biblical
law, to be disarmed was to be enslaved and led to a disruption of the
economic order due to government regulations and monopolies (1 Sam
13:19–22 <http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/search/?q=1%20Sam%2013:19-22>). But
the mere presence of a couple weapons had psychological effects that put
criminals to flight (1 Sam 13
<http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/search/?q=1%20Sam%2013>). There is a reason
why Scripture tells these stories: they illustrate the defense of life,
liberty, and property in the midst of a fallen world (and fallen
governments).

http://patriotupdate.com/stories/read/3457/-Bring-Your-Guns-to-Church-Sunday

--
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a
chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders." - Larry Elder