[CS-FSLUG] cPanel and mailing lists.

Josiah Ritchie josiah.ritchie at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 06:02:47 CDT 2010

You could save yourself a lot of sanity and get some great new options by
trying out http://madmimi.com/. At the level you're looking at, it's $8/mo
and you'll get integration with other social networking tools, great looking
emails and some excellent support. I haven't used cPanel in awhile, but when
I last did, I believe it was a front-end for
http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman. You may be able to access that directly
using email commands as described in their documentation.
Another alternative is google groups. They would be free and not hard to
manage, but may come with some liabilities depending on how you want to use
the list.

JSR/

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 3:37 AM, <davidm at hisfeet.net> wrote:

> My web host recently changed his whole system over to cPanel on new (as in
> different) servers. It looks like in the end it might be a more versatile
> system, but at the moment I'm having trouble with it. The program that I
> used for sending out almost 300 prayer letters (add2it) for some reason
> doesn't want to work now.
>
> I noticed that cPanel has a section called "mail lists", and started to
> try to use that, but haven't been able to make it work either.
>
> Does someone know of a very simple and complete tutorial on how to send to
> a mailing list using this cPanel? Or is there a better idea?
>
> David McMullen

Our Mission
Technology and Hospitality for God's Workmen
http://missions.ritchietribe.net