[CS-FSLUG] Did the Apostle Paul Poke Nero in the Eye?

Chad Fluegge chadfluegge at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 13:05:25 CDT 2009

I rarely reply to such threads, but I the thought occurred to me that one
ought to read through the book of Jude before making the claim that none of
the Apostle's would desire us to "engage in the name-calling and
finger-pointing."
Is it "name-calling and finger-pointing" or is it "calling a spade a spade"?
I concur with the latter. It is a judgment call based on observable facts,
something which we as Christians - and non-Christians alike - are called to
make on daily basis.

A serial killer is a serial killer...a rapist is a rapist...a liar is a
liar...Obama is...what Obama is.

Calling Obama what he is, is one thing; while calling him a brat, jerk, etc,
is quite another...and would definitely fall under the category of
"name-calling and finger-pointing..."

*disclaimer...I am not claiming that Obama is a serial killer or a rapist. I
am just proving a point.

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 12:21 PM, Fred A. Miller <fmiller at lightlink.com>wrote:

>  Don Parris wrote:
>
> On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 9:34 PM, Fred A. Miller <fmiller at lightlink.com>wrote:
>
>> Craig Button wrote:
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>> And who knows, I sure don't, we might see GW and Obama hand in hand when the
>> second coming happens.
>>

>>  'Possible with GW, at this point in time, but I'd have serious doubts
>> about Obama, but WON'T make that judgment. We are known by our "fruits,"
>> but  supporting abortion and euthanasia, plus supporting tenants of
>> communism aren't the fruits of a real Christian.
>>
>>   That's funny, Fred.  Sharing is one of the essential tenets of both,
> Christianity and Communism, not to speak of Free Software.  I believe you're
> really thinking of Big Brother-ism.  This is neither Capitalist nor
> Communist.  Both will give way to it.  Both will be to blame for it.  In
> reality, there is little good accomplished by pointing fingers and calling
> names.  We all know who the real enemy is.
>
> 'Sure do, and he's having a "hay day" right now, although I think it will
> be short lived. ;)
>

> Instead of calling Obama 'unamerican' and 'communist', why don't we focus
> on developing alternatives to the policies we disagree with?  We, as FOSS
> advocates, would say the same about coding, would we not?  If you don't like
> the code, improve it!  If you don't like the policy, improve it!  Jesus,
> Paul, John, nor any other Apostle would have us engage in the name-calling
> and finger-pointing I've seen from my fellow believers over the years.
> Hmmm... maybe we should argue for open source policy development.  ;-)
>
>   Oh.....I do, but I also call a spade a spade. It's important to
> understand what he is, and therefore can be very accurate in knowing what
> future policies he will try to implement. This is very important now since
> he's shown himself to be a VERY good liar.
>
>  Blessed be the Name of the Lord!
>
>   Good to hear from you again!
>
> Fred
>
> --
> The race card is the last refuge for a liberal!

Chad, Jess & Lil' Sam Fluegge
Psalms 61:5 For thou, O God, hast heard my vows: thou hast given me the
heritage of those that fear thy name.
Ezra 7:10 For Ezra had prepared his heart to seek the law of the LORD, and
to do it, and to teach in Israel statutes and judgments.