[CS-FSLUG] Did the Apostle Paul Poke Nero in the Eye?

Don Parris parrisdc at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 22:17:03 CDT 2009

On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 9:34 PM, Fred A. Miller <fmiller at lightlink.com>wrote:

>  Craig Button wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> And who knows, I sure don't, we might see GW and Obama hand in hand when the
> second coming happens.
>

>  'Possible with GW, at this point in time, but I'd have serious doubts
> about Obama, but WON'T make that judgment. We are known by our "fruits,"
> but  supporting abortion and euthanasia, plus supporting tenants of
> communism aren't the fruits of a real Christian.
>
> That's funny, Fred.  Sharing is one of the essential tenets of both,
Christianity and Communism, not to speak of Free Software.  I believe you're
really thinking of Big Brother-ism.  This is neither Capitalist nor
Communist.  Both will give way to it.  Both will be to blame for it.  In
reality, there is little good accomplished by pointing fingers and calling
names.  We all know who the real enemy is.

Instead of calling Obama 'unamerican' and 'communist', why don't we focus on
developing alternatives to the policies we disagree with?  We, as FOSS
advocates, would say the same about coding, would we not?  If you don't like
the code, improve it!  If you don't like the policy, improve it!  Jesus,
Paul, John, nor any other Apostle would have us engage in the name-calling
and finger-pointing I've seen from my fellow believers over the years.
Hmmm... maybe we should argue for open source policy development.  ;-)

Blessed be the Name of the Lord!

Don
--
D.C. Parris, LEED Green Associate
Minister, Security Officer, Free Software Advocate