[CS-FSLUG] Did the Apostle Paul Poke Nero in the Eye?

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Fri Sep 25 01:50:04 CDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 5:32 AM, Fred A. Miller <fmiller at lightlink.com> wrote:
> I don't know of it's the most lame thing I've read or not, but I posted it
> for consideration. Just because I post something, DOESN'T mean I subscribe
> to it.

You know, I get a ton of forwarded emails from people. We all know the
type... I can't imagine a single one of them being forwarded to me
just for consideration. :-) If you really don't subscribe to
something, why not post a disclaimer? You post a link, and it is going
to be presumed, due to the fact that you forwarded it, that you
subscribe to it.

Beyond that, if you post, be prepared for discussion, comments and
disagreement (as well as agreement). If you don't want that, again,
let us know.

> As to political involvement, IMHO, I am and I encourage others to do the
> same. Not long ago, a local pastor (not mine) told me that for at least the
> past 3 generations, most Christians didn't get involved....kept their mouths
> shut and just did "their own thing." Now we're paying the price for that.

The issue isn't about involvement, but _how_ we get involved. As
Bible-believers, we ought to be principled in our approach, not
pragmatic, or worse, emotionally-driven. This article was an attempt
to justify the latter, IMO. And that is what our brother was
addressing as well, only giving a well-thought-out counter argument.

This issue is certainly one that needs to be discussed, IMO, as the
rhetoric rises to unheard-of decibels! Christians ought to be
principled, reasonable and reasoned in their approach, and above all,
Christ-like. (not poking Nero in the eye, so to speak--leave that to
the infidels[like Rush]) ;-)

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland