[CS-FSLUG] Did the Apostle Paul Poke Nero in the Eye?

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Thu Sep 24 01:58:48 CDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 7:24 AM, Fred A. Miller <fmiller at lightlink.com> wrote:
> Did the Apostle Paul Poke Nero in the Eye?
>
> Greg Heller on the unfortunate notion of respecting the government.

I'm sorry, but that is about the lamest argument I've ever read for
trying to biblically justify poor behavior.

I've been thinking about this some, thanks to the flood of
disrespectful and sometimes, dowright racist emails I've been getting
from people who barely know me, yet feel compelled to try to convince
me of things that I either already agree with, or which are just plain
stupid.

While I am diametrically opposite to Obama, and have firm convictions,
I cannot see any justification in the personal insults that are
floating around right now.

Here's the problem. When you demean another person, you demean
yourself. You undercut your own stand, and as Christians, who are to
be the salt of the earth, we lose our savor. But worse, when the
tables are turned (which they likely will be some time), we can expect
even worse from the opposition, and we will have not a leg to stand
on. This already started during the Clinton administration, when the
personal attacks, etc. were aimed at him, and the libs turned around,
and gave tit for tat re: Bush, only they turned up the heat.

Christian principles mean that personal insults ought not be resorted
to. Disagree--yes. Use the most forceful language against his
designs--yes, but insult, make fun of, and other demeaning tricks and
tactics--no. Try to justify it with lame arguments like this
article--absolutely NOT!.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland