[CS-FSLUG] Nvidia Dying?

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Sat Oct 31 19:57:03 CDT 2009

On Oct 31, 2009, at 11:27 AM, Fred A. Miller wrote:

> The only thing that will save nVidia, IMHO, is to replace most if not
> all management from the top down, AND open source ALL of their
> drivers.

	They need to figure out a way to license stuff from Intel. If they
could make the chipsets, I think they could probably even abandon the
FOSS market entirely. Given that Apple has pretty much been satisfied
to do an all nVidia lineup -- until the current chipset rumblings with
licensing -- all they need to do is offer Cupertino a platform that
looks future safe.

	Of course, making their drivers FOSS would be a very nice thing.

	-Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "Do  not forget that  the value and interest of
Editor, OfB.biz   | life is not so much to do conspicuous things...
tbutler at ofb.biz   | as to do ordinary things with the perception of
timothybutler.us  | their enormous value."
                                       -- Pierre Teilhard de Chardin