[CS-FSLUG] Yes, Ubuntu can absolutely be the default Windows alternative

Cia Watson ciamarie at my180.net
Thu Oct 29 18:44:24 CDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-10-29 at 00:04 -0400, Fred A. Miller wrote:
> Cia Watson wrote:

> > Speaking of Fedora, I'm beta-testing Fedora 12; installed using the live
> > CD. It installed evolution email by default, it didn't ask... so I
> > decided to try it. I hate to say it, but I sort of like it. Claws mail
> > is a bit faster, but not by much. And evolution seems less kludgy than
> > Thunderbird, and evolution renders my html email's better than Claws
> > mail. So I may have found a new email client... in case anyone
> > cares. :-)
>
> It also lacks proper openpgp support! It's not easy to get it to work
> properly and doesn't have openpgp management like T-Bird does.
>
> Fred

Which one lacks proper openpgp support? I was talking about evolution
and claws-mail. I haven't looked very hard at pgp yet, trying to get
other things figured out and working. (I had my first successful NFS
mount between my desktop and laptop today, I was thrilled; after all the
time I spent trying to get it set up...)

I know I've seen gpg options for both of them, I just haven't worked
with it yet...