[CS-FSLUG] Ubuntu CE teaching software?

Josiah Ritchie josiah.ritchie at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 14:37:35 CDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 3:31 PM, Darrell Stanley <fordstan at verizon.net> wrote:
> Hello in Christ,
>
> Do any of you brothers and sisters know if there are any good teaching
> software for Ubuntu CE?  I need it for ages 5-10 years old.
> Thank you for all your efforts.

Have you looked into Edubuntu? There is a number of educational
softwares available through that and you can get the edubuntu stuff
from the repository with a command like 'sudo apt-get install
edubuntu-desktop'. Of coures, you can pick out the packages
individually as well. It have a variety of programs that target the
5-10 age group. Very little actually targets my 3 yr. old, but in a
couple years...

JSR/

--
Our Mission
Technology and Hospitality for God's Workmen