[CS-FSLUG] Yes, Ubuntu can absolutely be the default Windows alternative

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Tue Oct 27 17:51:24 CDT 2009

Very good piece. I've admired Ubuntu for a long time because they have
set some hefty goals for themselves and pursued them with a directness
and speed not typical of FOSS. I don't know any other major developer
in the GNU/Linux ecosystem that is so focused on building usability
scenarios and then coming up with solutions.

Who'd have thought five years ago that the Linux "normal people" were
most likely to know about wasn't RedHat, Mandriva or SUSE?

I think it helps too that while Ubuntu has always been user focused,
it didn't overhype and under deliver ala Lindows/Linspire and Xandros.

	-Tim