[CS-FSLUG] SuSE

Eduardo Sanchez lists at sombragris.org
Thu Oct 15 07:07:31 CDT 2009

On Friday 02 October 2009 15:09:59 David McGlone wrote:
> On Thursday 01 October 2009 11:15:22 pm Fred A. Miller wrote:
>
> Well I finally got at least my scanner recognized, and it opened a whole
> new can of worms!!

Coming out of the woods just to offer friendly advice.

David: I would strongly suggest you switch distros to something more stable. I
mean SUSE, Fedora, even Debian, or, if you have the expertise, Slackware or
Vector Linux.

The xUbuntus of the world are _usually_ friendly distros, but they are really
buggy. If their bugs don't bite you, fine; but when they do, they are nasty
indeed, as you have seen. This is one of the reasons I am usually very
reluctant to recommend Ubuntu to anyone trying to discover or use GNU/Linux.

Blessings,

Eduardo

--
Eduardo Sanchez, B. Th.